Change of mind
Unfortunately ScopeUout does not offer change of mind refunds or exchanges. We go to every effort to ensure that information on our website is up to date and accurate so that you have all of the information you need to make an informed decision prior to purchase so there'll be no need to return it to us.
Under Australian Consumer Law, you have guaranteed legal rights for products [and services] you buy from ScopeUout.
These are called ‘consumer guarantees’, and include the following:
Products must be of acceptable quality, that is:
- safe, lasting, with no faults
- look acceptable
- do all the things someone would normally expect them to do.
- Acceptable quality takes into account what would normally be expected for the type of product and cost.
Products must also:
- match descriptions made by the salesperson, on packaging and labels, and in promotions or advertising
- match any demonstration model or sample you asked for
- be fit for the purpose the business told you it would be fit for and for any purpose that you made known to the business before purchasing
- come with full title and ownership
- not carry any hidden debts or extra charges
- come with undisturbed possession, so no one has a right to take the goods away or prevent you from using them
- meet any extra promises made about performance, condition and quality, such as life time guarantees and money back offers
- have spare parts and repair facilities available for a reasonable time after purchase unless you were told otherwise.
- be provided with acceptable care and skill or technical knowledge and taking all necessary steps to avoid loss and damage
- be fit for the purpose or give the results that you and the business had agreed to
- be delivered within a reasonable time when there is no agreed end date.
Consumer guarantees on products and services also apply to:
- bundled products and services
- gifts with proof of purchase
- sale items
- online products and services bought from Australian businesses
- second-hand products from businesses, taking into account age and condition.
If the goods [or services] we supply do not meet a consumer guarantee, we will meet our obligations as a retailer to provide a remedy, whether that be repair, replacement or refund.
These guarantees are in addition to any warranty offered by a manufacturer, and you may have rights against the manufacturer or importer directly if the goods do not meet one or more of the following consumer guarantees:
- acceptable quality
- matching description
- any extra promises made about such things like performance, condition and quality
- repairs and spare parts - the manufacturer is responsible for ensuring that spare parts and repair facilities (a place that can fix the consumer’s goods) are available for a reasonable time after purchase unless you were told otherwise. How long is ‘reasonable’ will depend on the type of product.
Exceptions to guarantees
- Consumer guarantees do not apply if you:
- got what you asked for but simply changed your mind, found it cheaper somewhere else, decided you did not like the purchase or had no use for it
- misused a product in any way that caused the problem
- knew of or were made aware of the faults before you bought the product
- asked for a service to be done in a certain way against the advice of the business or were unclear about what you wanted
Rights to a repair, replacement, refund, cancellation or compensation do not apply to items:
- worth more than $40 000 purely for business use, such as machinery or farming equipment
- you plan to on-sell or change so that you can re-supply as a business
- bought as a one-off from a private seller, for example at a garage sale or fete (but you do have rights to full title, undisturbed possession and no unknown debts or extra charges)
- bought at auction where the auctioneer acted as an agent for the owner (but you do have rights to full title, undisturbed possession and no unknown debts or extra charges).
Any shipping costs to return the original goods to ScopeUout will be your responsibility, where ScopeUout considers the goods to have breached a consumer guarantee. If on examination of goods returned to ScopeUout, the goods are found to not be in breach of any consumer guarantee, ScopeUout may charge you a fee for examining the goods, and also charge you any cost to return the goods to you.
Please note that goods must be returned within a reasonable period and you may be asked to demonstrate that you have purchased the goods from ScopeUout (Contact details verification) and that the problem with the goods was not your fault.
If you are shipping an item worth over $10, you are required to use a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. ScopeUout will take no responsibility for items that are lost or damaged during return shipping.
Goods Damaged in Transit
If any goods arrive damaged, please contact ScopeUout within 24 hours of delivery. Damaged goods must be returned in the condition received by you with all original packaging, together with all packing slips. Any shipping charges will not be reimbursed by ScopeUout.