Athlon Midas TAC 4-16x44 SF FFP Riflescope (APRS2 MIL Reticle)
The Athlon Midas TAC 4-16x44 SF FFP Riflescope is a brand new offering from world renowned optics brand, Athlon.
Loaded with features including HD glass, fully multicoated lenses to enhance target appearance at all distances, a hard Zero Stop for repeatability and capped windage turret to prevent accidental adjustments. Add in first focal plane and a ranging reticle, and house all of these awesome features in a 30mm aircraft grade aluminium tube and you have a scope that’s the perfect solution for a heap of shooting activities.
HD dispersion glass makes for bright sharp images, and advanced multicoated optics effectively reduce the light reflected inside the scope, allowing more of it to reach your eye.
Your Midas TAC scope is built to withstand anything you can throw at it and is constructed from aircraft grade aluminium that’s heat treated for extra strength. The mechanical system is shockproof allowing it to withstand 1000G recoil for 1000 times. An XPL coating is used on your scopes lenses to help protect them from dirt in the field, and as you can expect from a scope of this calibre, it’s waterproof and fog proof thanks to Argon purging.
The first focal plane reticle stays valid at all power settings allowing you to fully utilise the specially designed reticle that shrinks or grows along with your target as you zoom in or out. The reticle offers quick target engagement at low power while offering precise holdover positions with finer details.
Exposed Tactical Direct Dial elevation knobs allow you to quickly make adjustment as you needed and engage your target quickly, whereas capped windage turrets make sure that your zero is always there and gives you the flexibility to dial as well after taking off the cap.
Athlon Midas TAC 4-16x44 SF FFP Riflescope (APRS2 MIL Reticle)
- HD glass gives you better light transmission, brighter, and sharper images.
- First focal plane reticle stays valid at all power settings allowing you to fully utilise the specially designed reticle that shrinks or grows along with your target as you zoom in or out. The reticle offers quick target engagement at low power while offering precise holdover positions with finer details.
- Etched glass reticle provides excellent backing support for complex reticle design and offers great durability and much higher shock resistance to recoil.
- Fully Multicoated optics effectively reduces reflected light and increases the transmission of light giving you a brighter image than normal single coated lenses.
- XPL Coating gives you an extra protection on the exterior lenses from dirt, oil and scratches or anything else mother nature can throw at you.
- Precision Zero Stop System allows you to lock down your zero position and dial back to it with a sharp and precise stop right at your zero mark even you are turning it in pitch-dark or blind folded.
- High Precision Erector System processed by high precision CNC machine with +/- 0.0001mm tolerance level to provide you the most accurate power settings and smoothest magnification change.
- 6061 T6 Aluminium tube has exceptional strength and superior mechanical integrity will protect these world class optics no matter what punishment you throw at it.
- Exposed Tactical Direct Dial for elevation allows you to quickly make adjustment as you needed and engage your target quickly.
- Capped Turret for windage assures you that your zero on the windage is always there and gives you the flexibility to dial as well after taking off the cap.
- Heat treated one piece tube gives the scope extra strength over multi-piece tubes. A one piece tube also is better at keeping moisture out thus keeping your scope fog proof for the life of the product.
- Waterproof to protect the scope in the harshest weather conditions or if accidentally submerged underwater.
- Fog proof to allow you to immediately engage your target when you take your rifle to cold ambient temperature from warm inside.
- Shockproof mechanical system with special designs on both control and erector system that give you the ultimate recoil resistance to withstand 1000G recoil for 1000 times.
- Argon Purging uses the inertia gas with bigger size molecules to purge any moisture out of the tube giving you better waterproofing and thermal stability.
- Magnification - 4-16x
- Objective lens diameter - 44mm
- Reticle - APRS3 FFP IR MIL, glass etched
- Lens coating - Wide band fully multicoated
- Extra coating - Xtra protective coating
- Tube material - Aircraft grade aluminium
- Tube diameter - 30mm
- Exit pupil - 11.1-1.8 mm
- Eye relief - 3.7”
- Field of view @100 yards - 27.7-7 ft
- Click value - 0.1 MIL
- Adjustment range per rotation - 10 MIL
- Total elevation adjustment - 30 MIL
- Total windage adjustment - 15 MIL
- Turret style - Zero stop elevation and capped windage
- Parallax adjustment - Side focus – 10 yards to infinity
- Purging material - Argon
- Length - 14.6”
- Weight - 674g
At ScopeUout we pride ourselves on selling high quality sporting optics. In the unlikely event that your product has a manufacturing fault, you can be safe in the knowledge that it is covered by a manufacturers warranty.
Your rights as a consumer are also protected under Australian Consumer Law. More information about this is available here.
Please see below for specific manufacturers warranty information for the different brands of products available to buy from ScopeUout.
Please contact us to obtain return authorisation before sending items back to us.
Our Alpen products are covered by a five year manufacturers warranty against manufacturing defects.
Our Athlon products are warranted to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime of the product. Athlon will also repair or replace, at no charge to you, your product if you should damage it through normal use. No receipt needed, no registration required. This is a commitment that Athlon will be the best product you can buy for your money.
Our BKL Technologies rings and mounts are covered by a one year warranty against manufacturing defects.
Our Kowa binoculars, spotting scopes and accessories carry a limited lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects.
Minox optics are covered by a 30 year manufacturers warranty against defects.
Nikon binoculars are covered by a 1 year manufactures warranty.
Olympus binoculars have a one year manufactures warranty against manufacturing defects.
Our Oz-mate binoculars carry a limited lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects.
All Pentax binoculars are covered by a one year manufacturers warranty against manufacturing defects.
Our Slik tripods have a one year manufacturers warranty.
Ultradot products are covered by a lifetime manufacturers warranty.
Vanguard binoculars, spotting scopes and rifle scopes are covered by a lifetime manufacturers warranty. Vanguard accessories are covered by a five year warranty.
Our Vixen riflescopes carry a lifetime manufacturers warranty against manufacturing defects.
Our Vortex products are covered by a fantastic unlimited lifetime warranty. You can find out more on the Vortex website.
Our Yukon products are covered by a three year manufacturers warranty against defects.
To qualify for cover under the manufacturers warranty please keep your confirmation email and tax invoice from ScopeUout as proof of purchase. In some cases you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to be eligible for the manufacturers warranty. Please read all manufacturers documentation included with your product to ensure that you follow all manufacturers warranty requirements. ScopeUout will not accept any responsibility for customers failure to comply with manufacturers warranty requirements.
Australian sales only:
The ScopeUout.com.au website is for Australian customers only and all of our prices are listed in AU dollars. If you're browsing from New Zealand then why not visit our New Zealand site and pay in NZ dollars.
We understand that you want your new purchase as soon as possible and it is important that we get it to you as quickly as we can.
All orders are shipped via courier directly from our Australian based distributors warehouses to your door. Orders are processed and dispatched Monday to Friday. If you’ve placed your order over the weekend it will be processed on Monday.
If your order is in stock in our distributors warehouse, it will be shipped within five to seven business days from the date of your order. The amount of time that your order will take to reach you will depend on whether you are located in a metro or rural location, but orders should usually be with you within 10 working days.
If you need your product by a certain date then please get in touch before ordering to find out if that is possible.
If your order contains multiple products then individual products may be delivered on different days, depending on the warehouse that the products will be shipped from and the availability of freight carriers.
We endeavour to send you tracking details for your order but this is not always possible. If you have any questions at all regarding the status of the delivery of your order please contact us.
Delivery costs and timeframes vary depending on the product you order and the location you are shipping it to.
Costs are calculated at checkout and are dependant on the size and weight of the product that you have ordered and the location that it is being delivered to. As a rule of thumb, shipping costs to most locations will be $13.99, unless you are ordering a particularly heavy item, or are based in a very remote location. If you would like to find out more about shipping costs before proceeding to check out please feel free to reach out to us.
Please note that as all orders are delivered by courier and require a signature, we cannot deliver to PO Boxes.
As soon as you place your order you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and we are reaching out to our Australian distributors warehouses to confirm that the product is in stock and ready to ship.
Once your product has been dispatched from our distributors warehouse we will update our system to show that your order is on it’s way. We’ll email you to let you know the status of your order, and where possible we will provide you with the tracking details for the delivery.
You can check the status of your order at any time by visiting your order confirmation page which can be accessed by clicking on the ‘View Your Order’ button on your order confirmation email.
You can find out more about available payment options here.
Returns and exchanges:
Information about returns and exchanges can be found here.
Other Terms & Conditions:
Products listed on the website are, to the best of our knowledge available for purchase. If for any reason we are unable to supply a product, we'll contact you via email to inform you of the delay and arrange a refund or alternative product if available. If we reach out to you and do not receive any response from you within seven business days we will refund your payment.
ScopeUout reserves the right to change information and the terms and conditions of sale at the ScopeUout Online Store at any time.
We make every effort to ensure that the information on our site is accurate and up to date. If you find an error please contact us and we’ll make a correction as soon as possible.
We cannot accept responsibility for information or opinions from third-parties contained within this site or for the content of links from this site.
Product specifications are obtained from the manufacturers and cannot be guaranteed accurate. Product descriptions are for guidance only. If you have any questions about a product please contact us and we'll be happy to help.
We reserve the right to withdraw any item from sale, at any point prior to dispatch, for whatever reason. You will be promptly informed if such a case arises.
ScopeUout reserves the right to change prices for products displayed at the ScopeUout Online Store at any time.
Change of mind
Unfortunately ScopeUout does not offer change of mind refunds or exchanges. We go to every effort to ensure that information on our website is up to date and accurate so that you have all of the information you need to make an informed decision prior to purchase so there'll be no need to return it to us.
Under Australian Consumer Law, you have guaranteed legal rights for products [and services] you buy from ScopeUout.
These are called ‘consumer guarantees’, and include the following:
Products must be of acceptable quality, that is:
- safe, lasting, with no faults
- look acceptable
- do all the things someone would normally expect them to do.
- Acceptable quality takes into account what would normally be expected for the type of product and cost.
Products must also:
- match descriptions made by the salesperson, on packaging and labels, and in promotions or advertising
- match any demonstration model or sample you asked for
- be fit for the purpose the business told you it would be fit for and for any purpose that you made known to the business before purchasing
- come with full title and ownership
- not carry any hidden debts or extra charges
- come with undisturbed possession, so no one has a right to take the goods away or prevent you from using them
- meet any extra promises made about performance, condition and quality, such as life time guarantees and money back offers
- have spare parts and repair facilities available for a reasonable time after purchase unless you were told otherwise.
- be provided with acceptable care and skill or technical knowledge and taking all necessary steps to avoid loss and damage
- be fit for the purpose or give the results that you and the business had agreed to
- be delivered within a reasonable time when there is no agreed end date.
Consumer guarantees on products and services also apply to:
- bundled products and services
- gifts with proof of purchase
- sale items
- online products and services bought from Australian businesses
- second-hand products from businesses, taking into account age and condition.
If the goods [or services] we supply do not meet a consumer guarantee, we will meet our obligations as a retailer to provide a remedy, whether that be repair, replacement or refund.
These guarantees are in addition to any warranty offered by a manufacturer, and you may have rights against the manufacturer or importer directly if the goods do not meet one or more of the following consumer guarantees:
- acceptable quality
- matching description
- any extra promises made about such things like performance, condition and quality
- repairs and spare parts - the manufacturer is responsible for ensuring that spare parts and repair facilities (a place that can fix the consumer’s goods) are available for a reasonable time after purchase unless you were told otherwise. How long is ‘reasonable’ will depend on the type of product.
Exceptions to guarantees
- Consumer guarantees do not apply if you:
- got what you asked for but simply changed your mind, found it cheaper somewhere else, decided you did not like the purchase or had no use for it
- misused a product in any way that caused the problem
- knew of or were made aware of the faults before you bought the product
- asked for a service to be done in a certain way against the advice of the business or were unclear about what you wanted
Rights to a repair, replacement, refund, cancellation or compensation do not apply to items:
- worth more than $40 000 purely for business use, such as machinery or farming equipment
- you plan to on-sell or change so that you can re-supply as a business
- bought as a one-off from a private seller, for example at a garage sale or fete (but you do have rights to full title, undisturbed possession and no unknown debts or extra charges)
- bought at auction where the auctioneer acted as an agent for the owner (but you do have rights to full title, undisturbed possession and no unknown debts or extra charges).
Any shipping costs to return the original goods to ScopeUout will be your responsibility, where ScopeUout considers the goods to have breached a consumer guarantee. If on examination of goods returned to ScopeUout, the goods are found to not be in breach of any consumer guarantee, ScopeUout may charge you a fee for examining the goods, and also charge you any cost to return the goods to you.
Please note that goods must be returned within a reasonable period and you may be asked to demonstrate that you have purchased the goods from ScopeUout (Contact details verification) and that the problem with the goods was not your fault.
If you are shipping an item worth over $10, you are required to use a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. ScopeUout will take no responsibility for items that are lost or damaged during return shipping.
Goods Damaged in Transit
If any goods arrive damaged, please contact ScopeUout within 24 hours of delivery. Damaged goods must be returned in the condition received by you with all original packaging, together with all packing slips. Any shipping charges will not be reimbursed by ScopeUout.